O Intermitente<br> (So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, good-bye)

O Intermitente
(So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, good-bye)

quarta-feira, junho 09, 2004

Reagan

Excerto da entrevista na Reason Magazine.

REASON: Are there any particular books or authors or economists that have been influential in terms of your intellectual development?

REAGAN: Oh, it would be hard for me to pinpoint anything in that category. I?m an inveterate reader. Bastiat and von Mises, and Hayek and Hazlitt?I?m one for the classical economists....

REASON: What about Rand or Rothbard?

REAGAN: No. I haven?t read Ayn Rand since The Fountainhead. I haven?t read Atlas Shrugged. The last few years, I must say, have been a little rough on me for doing that kind of reading?for eight years I found that when I finished reading the memorandums and reports and so forth, then I found myself digging into nonfiction, economists and so forth, for help on the problems that were confronting me.


Agradecimentos ao André Alves.

posted by Miguel Noronha 9:40 da manhã

Powered by Blogger

 

"A society that does not recognize that each individual has values of his own which he is entitled to follow can have no respect for the dignity of the individual and cannot really know freedom."
F.A.Hayek

mail: migueln@gmail.com