terça-feira, setembro 14, 2004
Mais Uma História Exemplar do Paraíso da Medicina Socializada
Conversation at a café on Surbrunnsgatan, Stockholm:
- Hi, I'd like a cup of tea and a sandwich, please.
- Where do you live?
- On Birger Jarlsgatan.
- Aha, don't belong to us, eh? (looking through her papers)
- No, I don't but?
- (Looking up from papers, triumphantly) You belong to the café on Döbelnsgatan.
- Well, strictly speaking, I don't "belong" to any café.
- Yes you do, just look here. (showing me papers)
- But you don't have any customers, this place is empty, and of course I'm willing to pay?
- So? You belong to Döbelnsgatan. You'll have to get over there to get your tea.
(Authentic conversation held this morning, with the only difference that the café was a care center, and that instead of asking for tea and sandwich, I asked them to remove a few stitches after minor surgery the other week.)
posted by Miguel Noronha 11:58 da manhã
Comments: Enviar um comentário